Who are the bestselling Christian authors?
Here's a follow-up to a previous post, in case anybody is wondering exactly who are the bestselling Christian authors. According to the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association, the top 50 bestselling Christian authors are the following (as of September 2007, in alphabetical order):
Alcorn, Randy C.
Blackaby, Henry T.
Brunstetter, Wanda E.
DeMoss, Nancy Leigh
Jakes, T. D.
Kilgore, Kay Wheeler
Rice, Helen Steiner
Rosenberg, Joel C.
Shepherd, Sheri Rose
If you're curious, here are IVP's top selling general trade books (for the month of July 2007):
1. Knowing God, J. I. Packer
2. Too Busy Not to Pray, Bill Hybels
3. Finding God in the Questions, Timothy Johnson
4. The Dawkins Delusion, Alister McGrath and Joanna Collicutt McGrath
5. Evil and the Justice of God, N. T. Wright
6. The Universe Next Door, James W. Sire
7. Jesus and the Hip-Hop Prophets, John Teter and Alex Gee
8. Basic Christianity, John Stott
9. A Mind for God, James Emery White
10. Praying, J. I. Packer and Carolyn Nystrom
Other books that routinely show up in our top sellers, depending on the month, include Dallas Willard's Hearing God, N. T. Wright's The Challenge of Jesus, Eugene Peterson's A Long Obedience in the Same Direction, Gary Haugen's Good News About Injustice, Adele Calhoun's Spiritual Disciplines Handbook and Bill Hybels's Who You Are When No One's Looking. (Our online bestsellers list looks somewhat different because it calculates books, booklets and Bible study guides all together in terms of net units.)
Posted by Al Hsu
at October 2, 2007 7:35 AM